for Military Veterans
About The Workshop
In addition to practicing with our recruiters, we are bringing back our wildly popular panel discussion from last year. In fact, it was such a hit, we are expanding to three panels!
- PANEL # 1 10:00am: Hiring FAQ's within the Texas Medical Center
Med Center Recruiters will discuss frequently asked questions they receive from veterans about the hiring process at their organizations.
- Panelists from CHI-St.Luke's Health, Baylor College of Medicine, University of Texas Health Science Center, Texas Children's Hospital, and the Texas Medical Center
- PANEL # 2 11:30am: The Candidate Experience for Veterans
Veterans who work within the Medical Center will discuss their experiences with transition issues, the application process, and getting hired.
- Panelists from Houston Methodist, Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Texas Health Science Center, and the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- PANEL # 3 1:00pm: Applying for Jobs at the VA
VA Recruiters will lead a focused discussion on their hiring process.
- Panelists from the Michael E. DeBakey Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Feel free to attend any, all, or none of the panels we will have recruiters available for resume review and mock interviews throughout the panel discussions. Based on feedback from previous years, veterans who attend our workshop tend to be more successful at the hiring event. Simply pre-register from this website so you can receive all of the information and materials you'll need for the hiring event.